If you’re a Mac user and an English major like me, you know how hard it can be to balance the world of technology and books by old dead white guys.

But now, for only $79.99, you can balance this potentially explosive paradox, by investing in a hardback leather cover, BookBook for your MacBook to make it look like a first edition you picked up on a casual jaunt through Charing Cross.

The website boasts:

“BookBook is a one-of-a-kind, hardback leather case designed exclusively for MacBook and MacBook Pro. Available in Classic Black or Vibrant Red, BookBook brings three levels of security to your prized Mac. First, the hardback cover and spine provide solid protection from the rigors of the road. Second, the vintage book design disguises MacBook for superior security. And third, the stylish case protects you from being like everyone else because BookBook is totally original, just like you.”

Beg to differ. If I see someone hunched over a beautiful leather book with a red spine my first assumption would be that it’s infinitely valuable. You’d be safer walking through L.C. with a MacBook instead of making yourself the target of jealous looks from fellow book-lovers.

But really, BookBook is brilliant because it’s unique, like they said. You really should do everything you can to make the 15-inch MacBook Pro — the one that you and 95 percent of the Class of 2013 owns — feel special. So I’ll ask my parents to shell out the eighty bucks for BookBook. Originality is priceless, after all.