Bo Hines ’18 steps away from football due to injury concerns

Wide receiver Bo Hines ’18 has decided to forgo his senior season with the Yale football team, due to mounting injury concerns.

Hines, a former freshman All-American at North Carolina State who transferred to Yale in 2015, saw his collegiate-football career derailed by consecutive season-ending shoulder injuries. The Charlotte, North Carolina, native only saw the field for a total of four quarters with the Elis, all of which came in his sophomore season. He missed the entire 2016–17 campaign.

“I had been considering the decision for quite some time,” Hines told the News. “After suffering from my second season-ending injury, it became apparent that it would not be in my best interest to continue playing. I love my coaches and teammates here at Yale. It was a very difficult decision, however, after consulting with medical experts, I ultimately made the decision to protect my long-term health.”

Hines was very productive in his brief time on the field for the Bulldogs, totaling 11 catches and 134 yards in just over four quarters of play. Now without Hines — and the graduated Miles Gaines ’17 and Robert Clemons III ’17 — the Elis will look to solidify their receiver depth chart ahead of the Sept. 16 season opener against Lehigh.