Latest postseason projections

By Joey Kamm | Posted on, 9:52 p.m.
The Elis won the Ivy League with a 2–0 championship sweep over Penn. (Yale Athletics)

On the heels of a two-win Saturday over Patriot League–champion Holy Cross, the Yale baseball team will turn its attention to Selection Monday as the Elis eagerly wait to hear their names called as part of the 64-team field for the 2017 NCAA Division I baseball tournament.

With the Bulldogs officially on the Road to Omaha, let’s take a look at Yale’s tournament resume and where multiple media outlets project them on the eve of the televised announcement special.

• Record: 32–16 (16–4 Ivy League)
  • RPI: 48
  • SOS: 159
  • RPI Top 50: 0–2
  • Road: 12–3
  • Run Differential (+/-): +1.3
  • Defeated Penn 5–0 and 11–7 in Ivy League Championship Series
  • Defeated Holy Cross 8–2 and 13–6 on Saturday

Recent NCAA Baseball Tournament projections have the Bulldogs heading out to the west coast for regional competition.

D1BASEBALL.com has Yale playing in the Stanford, California, regional where Pac-12 foe Stanford would serve as the host. The Bulldogs would be the No. 3 seed in that regional along with No. 4-seed Holy Cross and No. 2-seed Cal State Fullerton.

Warren Nolan projects the Elis to head northwest for the Corvallis, Oregon, regional hosted by Oregon State. Yale would be a No. 4 seed in that regional, along with No. 3-seed Gonzaga and No. 2-seed Nebraska.

Baseball America’s projections have the Bulldogs headed to Long Beach State as the No. 4 seed in the Long Beach, California, regional. Yale would be joined in that regional by No. 3-seed New Mexico and No. 2-seed Arizona.

One of these 16 regional sites announced on Sunday evening will play host to the Elis in the opening rounds of the tournament.

• Baton Rouge, La., Regional – LSU
  • Chapel Hill, N.C., Regional – North Carolina 
  • Clemson, S.C., Regional – Clemson
  • Corvallis, Ore., Regional – Oregon State
  • Fayetteville, Ark., Regional – Arkansas
  • Fort Worth, Texas, Regional – TCU
  • Gainesville, Fla., Regional – Florida 
  • Hattiesburg, Miss., Regional – Southern Mississippi
  • Houston Regional – Houston
  • Lexington, Ky., Regional – Louisville
  • Long Beach, Calif., Regional – Long Beach State
  • Louisville, Ky., Regional – Louisville
  • Lubbock, Texas, Regional – Texas Tech
  • Stanford, Calif, Regional – Stanford
  • Tallahassee, Fla., Regional – Florida State
  • Winston–Salem, N.C., Regional – Wake Forest

Tune in to ESPN2 on Monday, May 29 at 12 p.m. ET to find out the Bulldogs’ postseason fate.