Ranking the #IvyMadness student sections

The Ivy League Tournament finales will be played Sunday at the Palestra in Philadelphia. (Yale Daily News)

While Penn undoubtedly had home-court advantage on Saturday with the Philadelphia faithful coming out to support the local team, it was Princeton that took home the crown of loudest student section.

No. 1: Princeton

Though Penn may have had slightly more students on its end of the court, it was the goons from New Jersey who brought the most energy to the Palestra. Wearing all orange, the Tigers roared even while their team trailed. The players on the court fed off their classmates’ noise as they mounted their second-half comeback. Princeton fans will likely be the loudest in the gym for tomorrow’s final.

No. 2: Penn

The hometown students nearly filled their end of the court and relished a brilliant effort from their team. Unfortunately, the Tiger rally deflated their energy. The Quaker faithful had trouble getting rowdy as its offense failed to record a bucket for the first several minutes of overtime.

No. 3: Yale

About 40 Yalies made the trek down to Philadelphia for the game and saw a brilliant effort by their team. Waving white towels, the Elis certainly gave their team some energy during an explosive first half.

NO. 4: Harvard

No one can blame Harvard for bringing the fewest students to the Palestra, as the students from Cambridge had the furthest to go. Still bringing about 30 students, the Crimson faithful contributed to another electric atmosphere for the second semifinal.