University Chief Communications Officer Elizabeth Stauderman ’83 LAW ’04 will be taking a position at the University of Rochester in the fall.

On Thursday, University of Rochester President Joel Seligman announced that Stauderman would be replacing Bill Murphy, who is retiring, as Rochester’s vice president for communications. Stauderman is a longtime member of the University administration, having served as director of public affairs for Yale Law School for seven years, in addition to directing graduate and external relations for the Yale Divinity School. From 2006 to 2010, she held a position at the Yale School of Management, acting as the associate dean for communications and strategy.

In 2010, Stauderman joined the Office of Public Affairs and Communications as deputy chief communications officer. Two years later, she was promoted to chief communications officer — the position she currently holds.

“I am looking forward to joining the University of Rochester, and working with President Seligman and his superb team,” Stauderman said in a University of Rochester press release. “The momentum on campus is palpable, and I am truly excited about becoming a part of that energy and enthusiasm, and working with my new colleagues in University Communications to help realize the University’s goals.”

During her time at Yale, Stauderman led the effort to build Yale’s first cohesive communications framework and expanded Yale’s social media presence globally. As chief communications officer, Stauderman advised University President Peter Salovey and other members of the administration on strategic communications. She also served as a representative of the University to the public, in addition to leading a staff of 32 people whose responsibilities ranged from internal communications to national and international media relations.

Additionally, as a member of the board of the United Way of Greater New Haven, Stauderman recently spearheaded a successful fundraising campaign for the nonprofit organization. She is also on the governing boards of the Yale Alumni Magazine, Mory’s, WSHU public radio and Market New Haven.

“Elizabeth has been notably successful in designing and implementing communications plans at the Yale School of Management and managing Yale’s complex communications systems,” Seligman said. “Elizabeth has the expertise, imagination and judgment to bring our communications to the next level.”

TYLER FOGGATT