Dante de Blasio, son of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, is headed to Yale this fall.

De Blasio, who applied to ten universities and was accepted by all of them, was reportedly considering other top-tier institutions such as Brown and Amherst. However, de Blasio ultimately chose Yale because of the University’s strong offerings in history, philosophy and political science, a mayoral spokesperson told The New York Times.

On Wednesday morning, de Blasio’s mother, Chirlane McCray, uploaded a photo of her son holding up a Yale sweatshirt to Twitter to announce the news.

“So excited for your next adventure, Dante. #bulldogs2019,” McCray wrote in the post.

Although neither of his parents attended Yale, de Blasio will be following in the footsteps of his grandfather — and Mayor de Blasio’s father — Warren Willhelm ’39, who graduated from the University and received Phi Beta Kappa honors.

The younger de Blasio became well-known to New Yorkers during his father’s 2013 mayoral campaign, in which he starred in a campaign commercial for his father. In the commercial, de Blasio claimed that his father would “end a stop-and-frisk era that unfairly targets people of color,” if elected mayor. The ad thrust de Blasio into the spotlight, and his father soon captured the Democratic primary before winning the general election with more than 73 percent of the vote.

Additionally, de Blasio is not only an academic standout at Brooklyn Technical High School, but a highly acclaimed debater. He and his debate partner won the state championship for varsity policy debate in March, beating a pair of students from the Bronx High School of Science.

According to the mayoral spokesperson, de Blasio has not yet decided on a major.

TYLER FOGGATT