Not quite a boxing match. Today, the News and the Yale College Council will co-host a debate among this year’s three presidential candidates. There may not be any literal bloodshed today at 4 p.m. in LC 101, but this thing is always good for a few jabs.    

Imagine if there were no YCC. As hard as that might be to do during campaign season, no YCC would mean no YCC Correspondents’ Gala. The first (and likely last) such event took place on Saturday in the Pierson dining hall, drawing Yale’s *finest* politicians and journalists in black ties around chocolate fountains and Caseus cheese. Things got pretty weird, we’ll admit.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Tonight, the NCAA men’s college basketball season comes to an end as Duke takes on Wisconsin for the national title. Had a couple shots just bounced the right way for the Elis in their bid for a tournament berth, it could have been Yale playing on that big stage. Okay, maybe not.

No strings attached. Earlier this year, those claiming to “love Yale” were instructed to apply for a gig with the tour guides. Those merely wanting a summer fling with the University, however, have been invited to try their hand at the summer tour guide application, due this evening.    

Still spring. Rather, it’s finally spring. But before you even start to think about summer, you should be enjoying spring — specifically Spring Fling. Bulldogfather Tanks, a clothing line that only makes apparel for Fling, released a new set of products yesterday. Sun’s (finally) out, guns out.

Back-to-back champs. We’ve seen this movie before. A high schooler gets into every Ivy League school, generates a lot of media hype and then indicates a preference for Yale above all the rest. Last year, it was Kwasi Enin ’18, and this time it’s Harold Ekeh (soon to be Harold Ekeh ’19, we’re guessing).

Is it Culture spread day yet? Yale School of Architecture Dean Robert Stern A.M. Stern ARC ’65 jumped into the national media scene yesterday in a profile by the New York Post picking his brain on everything from Mayor Bill de Blasio to what he calls “architectural petting [zoos].”   

A tribute. Honoring the 147 lives lost during last week’s attacks on Garissa University in Kenya, the Yale African Students Association will be holding a candlelit vigil tonight at Dwight Hall.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1987 Despite a 12-t0-1 vote against female integration, Stacey Hur ’88 becomes the first woman to audition for the Whiffenpoofs.

Follow along for the News’ latest. Twitter | @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS