Is it? Yes it is. It is indeed Chicken Tender Thursday. Load up your plate at a dining hall near you.

Step 1: Be a good person. Despite the efforts of the Whiffs/Whim ’n Rhythm to convince us otherwise, experience matters on applications. But every junior at this school was, at some point, a freshman. So they’re all at least partially qualified to submit something before the Freshman Counselor application deadline tomorrow.

Do you love Yale? Another major application due tomorrow is for a shot at joining the Yale Tour Guides, who collectively form the face of Yale for visitors. If you’re sweet enough to make ’em swoon, give it a shot.

Fire away. Today, Yale for North Korean Human Rights will screen “The Interview,” the infamous movie that almost never was. After the credits roll, the group will lead a discussion on the more serious side of the situation in North Korea. No word yet on whether or not James Franco will make an appearance to defend his work.

Back on track. Literally. The Wednesday evening derailment of a Harlem-bound train in Grand Central tangled up an entire slate of Metro-North New Haven-bound trains into the night. Many were cancelled and more were delayed, relatively minor inconveniences in the grand scheme of things. Fortunately, no one involved was injured during the accident, and the line has since resumed normal operations.

Around the corner. The Twitter account for Feb Club Emeritus, through which alumni worldwide can relive the best month of their Yale careers, announced that nearly 900 Elis are signed up to attend a Feb Club Eve Bash at the Yale Club of New York City (which, incidentally, is located right across Vanderbilt Avenue from Grand Central).

Our heroes. Somehow, it has just come to our attention that Karaoke Heroes on Crown Street hosts Student Thursdays every week from 7:30 p.m. through midnight. Get a head start on the weekend (with discounted drinks) for us — we’ll be stuck on York Street producing Friday’s paper.

Everything is awesome. For anyone looking for a more constructive, kid-friendly way to spend the evening, the Wilson Branch of the New Haven Free Public Library is hosting a LEGO Club meeting at 4 p.m.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1976 Campus lobbyists call upon Congress for reform in federal financial aid programs.

Follow the News on Twitter. @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS