Do they still care? Today is the last day for seniors to ask  for the ability to double major. We suppose those political science seminars do tend to pile up unnoticed, but still.   

Cover up. The cover of The Economist’s next issue — set to be released on Saturday — features a stately looking, powdered-wig-wearing gentleman in a “Y” sweater. Inside the magazine’s pages is a story headlined “America’s new aristocracy,” a deep-dive into the dynastic nature of American politics with a special focus on Yale families like the Bushes and Clintons.

Tarry talk. Chef Mario Batali will be at the Whitney Humanities Center today to talk about his newest cookbook. Also a TV personality, Batali is known best around these parts for giving the world (or at least Park Street) the new go-to Italian  spot, Tarry Lodge.

A dream realized. But wait, there’s more: Also taking place at the Whitney Humanities Center this weekend is a special screening of “Selma,” Ava DuVernay’s widely praised Martin Luther King Jr. biopic. Afterward, several of Yale’s top African-American Studies professors (including Yale College Dean Jonathan Holloway) will lead a discussion about the film’s depiction of King.

Live a little. With performances by the Spizzwinks(?), Purple Crayon and Sur et Veritaal, Relay for Life’s kickoff event takes place tonight in Dwight Hall. And there appears to be some kind of ’90s theme, celebrating what some consider to be the liveliest decade of all.

Staying active. As you probably saw in your inbox, Payne-Whitney Gymnasium is in for a busy weekend. Everything from graduate-professional school basketball games to the national middle school squash championships will fill the gym’s halls.

Don’t forget them. It’s a similarly crowded schedule for the arts scene at Yale: Both the Yale Cabaret and Off-Broadway are showing plays (Quartet and The Taming of the Shrew, respectively) and the Philharmonia Orchestra of Yale plays tonight in Woolsey. Still, we’re not quite sure why there’s a Harvard Choir Concert in Battell later.   

Pick me. The deadline for the Thomas R. Pickering Undergraduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship — supporting master’s degrees and careers in foreign service — is today.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1942 The University commits to continuing to offer liberal arts courses despite national pressures to focus on technical skills education during wartime.

Follow the News on Twitter. @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS