The Golden Ticket. In collaboration with the YSO the News has secured one first balcony ticket to Friday’s Halloween Show that will be put up for auction on Thursday at 11 a.m. Follow along via the online Cross Campus page. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Water Collective, the nonprofit organization that develops clean water projects in Africa.

Funny story. The YCC’s annual Last Comic Standing event is tonight in SSS 114 at 7 p.m. Presented free of charge, the showcase features six participants, including YTV reporter Cody Pomeranz ’15, who should have a few stories of his own to share this time.

For everything else. MasterCard announced a new product on Tuesday: the Yale MasterCard, now available to members of the University community looking to keep a little piece of New Haven in their wallets. The card can feature any of the residential college shields or Harkness Tower on its design.

Power move. On Tuesday, President Peter Salovey met with Chinese Vice Premier Liu Yandong in Beijing. An article by Xinhuanet featured a photo of the two stalwarts shaking hands, Salovey smiling widely and Liu maintaining a stoic air.

“Free beer.” A Facebook page promoting Narragansett Beer at Yale went live on Tuesday night. Brand ambassadors advertised the opportunity for of-age students to inquire about free beer, among other, similarly-appealing items.

View the Voynich. The Beinecke Library posted scans of the Voynich Manuscript — a mysterious document from the Italian Renaissance — online recently, drawing the attention of the many enthusiasts unable to come to the library and see them in person.

Not just Jeezy. Atlanta, Ga.-based rapper Jeezy performed at Toad’s Place last night, during a particularly busy stretch for the night club: Ty Dolla $ign, Aaron Carter, Shaggy and American Authors are among the acts set to perform in the next two weeks.

Do no harm. Suit-clad aspiring analysts are not the only ones on campus thinking about their futures these days. An info session held in Branford this evening will host School of Medicine and Yale-New Haven Hospital professionals in radiology, emergency medicine, orthopedics and surgery.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1924 The University’s third annual budget drive kicks off with seven organizations — including the University Christian Association and the Student Council — set to solicit around $25,000 in operational funds.

Submit tips to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS