Hit reset. October Recess begins officially today at 11 p.m. Some are heading home and others wandering Yale’s empty grounds over the next five days, but the entire University community is eagerly awaiting the chance to escape midterm season and the monotony of October.

Better luck next year. Tickets for the YSO’s annual Halloween Show went up for sale on Monday night at 11:59 p.m. and promptly sold out in under 2 minutes. But fear not: Because Halloween is on a Friday, students can expect a full lineup of consolation prize events.

Starchy serenade. The Whiffenpoofs traveled to the land of the potato this week, staging a performance with Miss Idaho 2014, 20-year-old Sierra Sandison, at the Sun Valley Lodge in Hailey, ID.

Going elsewhere. A Monday article in the New York Times’ Upshot section reported that young college graduates are beginning to flock to cities like Houston, Nashville, Denver and Austin at increasingly high rates. Though recently graduated Elis still tend to end up in the New York-DC-San Francisco triumvirate, there might be something to be said about these new, hip locales. Or they could stay in New Haven.

Wherever you are. If you happen to find yourself missing Yale over break, catch a glimpse of something familiar by tuning into Saturday’s home football game against Penn, which will be shown on national TV, courtesy of the NBC Sports Network.

Fast feet, Fast Company. Likely to be among those watching the game is former defensive back Casey Gerald ’09, who is set to be featured on the cover of Fast Company magazine’s November issue. Gerald is best known for co-founding and serving as CEO of MBAs Across America. He is earning his own business degree at Harvard.

Crunch numbers, we must. The Yale University Open Data Access Project (YODA) announced a partnership with Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical branch to handle information from clinical research trials.

Not quite done. Despite the beckoning of days off, there remain on-campus events to attend. Among them, a conversation with Viacom Media Networks Executive Vice President Ross Martin, hosted by the School of Management in Evans Hall.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1977 The Yale Police Department reveals that it called for support from the New Haven Police Department in controlling an on-campus demonstration the day before.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS