Chag Sameach! The News was visited yesterday evening by a celebration that marked the end of the annual cycle of public Torah readings.

The Promised Land. Y Pop-Up’s latest project, named “Ash & Honey,” will go live tomorrow. The group’s first Saturday restaurant will be run out of the Morse buttery — convenient for the five Morse-Stiles members on Ash & Honey’s staff. Featuring a picture of “spiced, poached peach & cookie crumb ice cream,” the gastropub’s Facebook page opened reservations for Saturday night tables earlier this week.

Saving room. The Yale Hunger and Homelessness Action Project’s semi-annual fast takes place today. Students can choose to donate the money from their Yale Dining meal swipes to homelessness relief and prevention programs at local non-profit organizations through the effort.

Keeping it charitable. The Whaling Crew is collaborating with Yale Relay for Life to host a Pink-Out Tailgate on Saturday before the football game against Colgate University at the Yale Bowl. Cookies will supplement the usual tailgate fare to raise funds to donate to breast cancer research drives.

Froad’s. Your plans might change tonight, with the arrival of Toad’s on a Friday. The reason? The South Asian Society’s Bollywood Beats party in Lily’s Pad. Seize the day.

Tea Party. This afternoon, Morse will host a master’s tea with Honest Tea founder and one-time ECON 159 professor Barry Nalebuff. All are welcome, though Snapple lovers should not expect the game theory expert to be similarly full of fun facts.

Color us excited. The annual FCC Freshman Barbeque on Old Campus is this Sunday. In addition to the standard offerings of food, freshmen and frivolity, this year’s rendition will include a photo booth, raffle competitions and apparently “LOTS of paint,” perhaps legitimizing the event’s name: “Color me Yale.”

Juniors joining in. Not to be outdone by their 2018 counterparts, the Junior College Council will also be holding its first event of the year. “Monster Munch,” a Halloween-themed festival in the Branford Courtyard, takes place on Sunday for juniors to celebrate their new status as campus veterans together.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1994 Yale announces two initiatives, partnering with New Haven to help develop some of the Elm City’s neighborhoods through a federal housing and urban development grant.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS