Greener pastures. University spokesman Michael Morand ’87 DIV ’93 took a break from his role as Deputy Chief Communications Officer for Yale to hit up an alpaca farm in Kentucky. Morand tweeted multiple times from the alpaca ranch, including a photo of more than a dozen alpaca. He also endlessly Instagrammed the beautiful scenery, including one photo captioned “Toward sunrise with alpaca and horse.”

Legally green. The first batch of legal medical marijuana in Connecticut became ready for distribution last week. This marks roughly two years since marijuana was first legalized in the state, for the relief of symptoms of chronic illnesses. Prices are expected to be between $17-20 per gram. Six dispensaries in the state have been licensed to sell. None of them are located on Yale campus.

Fit for a Yalie. The Tap Room at the Yale Club of NYC reopened this past week. Now alumni can pretend they are back in an overpriced residential dining hall for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu items include the Santa Fe Salad, Diver Scallops, and Veal Osso Bucco.

The oldest rivalry. Everybody knows that the real sport of the Ivy Leagues is investment banking. Following the divulgence of endowment returns for the past year, multiple publications noted how Yale beat Harvard. CNBC ran a piece titled, “Harvard vs Yale: Here’s the endowment winner,” noting that Yale outpaced Harvard and Dartmouth. Business Insider’s headline read “Here’s How Yale Is Crushing Harvard In Endowment Performance.” Other publications who ran headlines noting the rivalry include The Economic Times, the Boston Globe and Reuters.

Variations on a Commons theme. Guest chef Gabriela Osada breathed new life into everyday Commons fare this week when he dropped by for a special dinner. The menu, inspired by the recent anniversary of Mexican independence, included dishes such as “Ensalada de Cajeta,” “Chilaquiles Rojos” and “Tamal Dulce.” Over 100 students attended the event, which is part of Yale Dining’s Guest Chef Series.

Special award. Roberto Gonzalez Echevarria, a professor of Comparative and Hispanic Literatures, was awarded for literary criticism by the Instituto Cubano del Libro. This marks the first time a Cuban living in exile has received this recognition. Echevarria is considered one of the world’s foremost experts on Spanish and Latin American literature.

This Day in Yale History 1980 Five computer science majors get into trouble for attempting to tamper with student files.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS