Whiffenparty. Generations of Whiffs flocked back to campus this weekend for their 105th reunion, an over-the-top affair in classic a cappella style that included shenanigans at Mory’s, a reception in the ballroom of LoRicco Tower and of course endless chances for performance. Over 250 attendees represented Whiff years from the 1940s to today. Can any regular person even imagine being surrounded by that many Whiffenpoofs?

Shiller for President. A conference last week celebrated Nobel Prize-winning economics professor Robert Shiller. Leading economists from China, Italy, Russia and the U.S. gathered at the Yale School of Management in honor of Shiller’s contributions to finance and economics. Many panelists were former students or colleagues of Shiller’s. The conference had been planned even before Shiller took home the 2013 Nobel Prize, a sure sign for Shiller 2016 if any.

For English majors. Yalies made an impressive showing in this year’s Norman Mailer writing awards. Sarah Maslin ’14, a former magazine editor for the News was the four-year college creative non-fiction winner. Four other Yalies were named finalists or semi-finalists.

#RichKidsofIvyLeagues The University of Pennsylvania has produced more billionaire undergraduate alumni than any other college according to the Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census 2014, with a total of 25. Next on the list are Harvard with 22 and Yale with 20. Thirty-five percent of the world’s billionaires do not hold college degrees. Every single Ivy League made it into the top 20 schools on the list, for once. 

Spring Fling Redux. Betty Who clearly did not get enough of Connecticut last year at Spring Fling. The singer will be back in the state later this month for a show at The Space in Hamden. Openers are Paperwhite and Ian Biggs. 

Fresh air. Farm workdays are starting back up, giving Yale students the chance to do actual physical labor outdoors. 

Free Scotland. According to the Crimson, Harvard undergraduates were divided over the Scottish independence referendum. On Thursday night, members of the Harvard British Club on both sides of the issue gathered in Leverett House to watch the results together. 

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1960 The all-senior chapter of Chi Psi moves into a new house on Chapel Street, funded by dues of $85 from each member. The house is too small for parties .

Submit tips to Cross Campus at crosscampus@yaledailynews.com. 

YALE DAILY NEWS