Shots fired. In a Thursday article, Forbes attempted to explain the differences between its own arbitrary list of top colleges and U.S. News and World Report’s arbitrary list of top colleges. In fact, according to Forbes, their rival publication uses many metrics that are “purely subjective.” “These are the same qualms we have always had, and will likely continue to have with the U.S. News ranking,” the article said.

Money talks and not just to your friends going into finance. A sociology symposium is being held today called “Money Talks,” to examine the social implications of money. Topics include money in the context of morality, relationships and psychology.

Introduction to Archery. The Daily Nutmeg published a piece yesterday exploring the many archways on Yale’s campus. The article points out the Tudor and Gothic arches in the nave of Sterling Memorial Library as well as the unique tunnel of Phelps Gate. The entrance to Mason Laboratory is composed of nine layers of arches in a mix of materials, according to the piece.

No treble. The Women’s Center held a discussion on body politics in pop culture last night that touched upon “All About That Bass,” “Anaconda” and other summer radio staples.

MVP. Six-year-old Dante Chiappette of North Haven took part in a mock draft at the Yale Bowl on Thursday, an event organized by Boston-based charity Team IMPACT. Dante lined up alongside Yale football players and signed a letter of intent to join the team, in front of Head Coach Tony Reno. Dante has been diagnosed with cortical visual impairment and cerebral palsy.

Eat like a local. Connecticut’s annual Farm-to-Chef week kicks off on Monday. More than 40 restaurants have created special, locally inspired menus that are meant to raise awareness of state-grown produce.

Jumping on the bandwagon. An introductory course in computer science at Harvard received a record-breaking 818 registrations this semester. That number of Zuckerberg wanna-be’s is equivalent to 12 percent of their undergraduate population.

Too good for Tinder? According to the Huffington Post, a new matchmaking app, exclusive to top-tier schools, called The League will soon be available. Over 300 people — who do not realize that no one is too good for Tinder — are already on the waitlist.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1946 The largest freshman class to date arrives.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS