If you have ever wanted to speed date your TA, now is your chance. GPSCY has announced that Speed Dating resumes this month and even included helpful dating tips in its newsletter on Monday. “It’s important to smell good, but please don’t be that nimbus cloud sponsored by Axe/Chanel,” the newsletter wrote. The letter also advised participants not to be so down about New Haven as “it could sound like you hate living here. Which may or may not be true, but try not to fall down the doom-and-gloom well.”

All trees go to heaven. Yale Bowls has given new life to a few more fallen trees from over the summer. Hand-carved wooden bowls have been made from a black cherry tree from the West Campus woods, a large elm tree in front of the President’s House on Hillhouse Avenue and wood from the door to Sheffield-Sterling-Strathcona Hall.

This week in award-winning professors: Two faculty members from the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies received research awards last week. Dean Peter Crane’s work on the evolution of plants received the International Prize for Biology from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, along with a $100,000. Professor Chadwick Oliver received the Host Country Scientific Achievement Award from the International Union of Forest Research Organization, which came with cash as well.

Designing dreamscapes. Professor Ming Cho Lee of the Yale School of Drama was featured for his design work in WNPR this week. Now beginning his 45th year of teaching, “Lee sets the scene for future generations of theater designers to discover their voice, offering them a studio to challenge and refine their methods, and a home to dream up new worlds for the American stage,” the piece said.

Alumni, the gift that keeps on giving. Harvard announced Monday that it has received its largest gift a history, a $350 million donation to benefit its School of Public Health. The donation came from the Morningside Foundation, led by Ronnie and Gerald Chan. The school will be renamed for T.H. Chan, the father of Ronnie and Gerald, marking the first time Harvard will rename one of its schools for a donor.

The admissions lottery. In a piece titled, “How to Get Into an Ivy League College—Guaranteed,” Bloomberg Businessweek chronicled the case of a Hong Kong CEO who offered a tutoring center up to $1.1 million to get his son into a top university.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1980 The University wraps up its $10-million energy-saving projects.

THE YALE DAILY NEWS