Grad students beware. A large opossum was seen near GPSCY.

One big Democratic family. Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy and State Sen. Gary Holder-Winfield are dropping by the meeting of the Yale Democrats today.

Harvest festival. The Chinese American Students Association and the Taiwanese-American Society celebrated the Mid-Autumn Festival on Sunday. At an event in Linsly-Chittenden Hall, the groups served mooncakes and other Asian treats and hosted activities including a poetry contest and a song performance. The Mid-Autumn Festival is held on a full moon on the 15th day of the eighth month in the Chinese and Vietnamese calendar.

“Gateway coffee.” A review of Blue State Coffee’s fall menu in Connecticut Magazine concluded that it was “Gourmet Coffee House Food Perfection.” Menu items included the Smoked Ham Sandwich, the Ranch BLT Sandwich and the vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich. The piece also noted that the True Blue coffee was a good “gateway coffee” for those who are not established coffee connoisseurs.

Friendship contest. Lunch Tag for the International Students Organization begins today. Participants are randomly paired with other students. Students can earn one point for each meal with a stranger, plus an extra point for sharing a photo of the lunch online, and the top three scorers towards the end of the semester win prizes.

First to give. A Red Cross Blood Drive was held this weekend at the Yale Health clinic. Yale Health staff members Anita Shmigelsky and Kim George were first in line to give blood.

The GPA bubble. “Grade Expectations” was the title of a short piece The Economist ran this month examining Ivy League grade inflation. “The students may be much cleverer than before: The Ivies are no longer gentlemen’s clubs for rich knuckleheads. But most probably, their marks mean less,” the article read.

Do tenured professors count as “teachers”? A Washington Post blog piece called Connecticut the “Best State in America,” for teachers at least. Connecticut state teachers are paid a $67,040 base salary on average and more than 80 percent of teachers have a master’s, specialist or doctorate degree.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1980 Two unidentified men return a stuffed, former Handsome Dan to associate Athlete Director Joni Barnett’s home following his abduction the previous week from Payne Whitney Gymnasium.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS