The Saybrook Curse. Even after a three-month summer break, the curse of Saybrook remains unbroken. A possum terrorized students in the Saybrook courtyard Tuesday night following a year of unfortunate happenings including a six-floor flooding and, of course, the laundry incidents.

Celebrity golfing. Ray Allen, the NBA’s all-time leader in three-point field goals made, played a round at the Yale golf course this weekend. Allen is well known as a prolific golfer in his spare time and has golfed with the likes of President Obama.

Party like an undergraduate. Graduate students were welcomed to campus in style this past weekend with a New Haven After Dark tour to downtown bars and venues. Participants scoped out what seemed to be every local place with a liquor license, including The Cask Republic, Mory’s, O’ Tooles Irish Pub, The Russian Lady and Christy’s Irish Pub and Anchor Restaurant.

Great ideas? Ordinary put their thinking caps on for Wednesday night’s alcohol options. As part of their Cocktail Lab, the bar paired drinks named Plato and Nietzsche for a “Philosophers Stoned” combo. “Sip them side by side and see where it takes you!” the promotion read.

Hipster scene update. A phenomenon called the PechaKucha 20×20 — a presentation where the presenter shows 20 images for 20 seconds each and talks about them as they advance —has been established in New Haven. The 20th PechaKucha was held last week. This week’s PechaKucha will feature discussions of “the value of a healthy dance ecology,” “buried treasure” and “New Haven, Perfect Place to Start a Weird Rock Band.”

Chocolate therapy. The Chaplain’s Office welcomed freshmen to campus with an ice cream cart this week that also passed out free “chocolate shaped stress balls.”

Reddit for Credit. MIT is offering a course this fall known as “Credit for Reddit”. The course will cover the complexities of social media and online forums like Reddit. Students will examine social media as objects and probe the social and political consequences of social media websites. MIT researcher and admissions officer Chris Peterson, who is teaching the course, came up with the concept after a student commented that he spends so much time on Reddit he might as well get credit for it.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1943 Two Yalies on their way to teach in China get delayed until mid-October after losing their plane seats in Panama.

Submit tips to Cross Campus at crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS