Winners keep winning. The American Academy of Arts and Sciences has awarded eight Yale faculty members with membership. The eight Yale recipients are among 204 new members elected into AAAS for the 2014 class, which includes winners of the Nobel Prize, the Wolf Prize and the Pulitzer prize as well as Grammy, Emmy, Oscar and Tony Awards.

Brass goes big. The Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library is hosting a 15th anniversary celebration today of Brass, a Yale-based quintet that performs in New Haven and surrounding areas. The theme, Hollywood brass, brings performances including scores from James Bond films, “The Lord of the Rings,” composer John Williams and more. The event also includes a documentary screening and reception.

Accepted. Eighteen-year old Akintunde Ahmad of Oakland Technical High School has received attention for his college admissions success story and his decision to go to Yale. Self-described as “any other street dude” from Oakland, Calif. Ahmad’s story of overcoming adversity was applauded in BET, SF Gate, The Daily Mail as well as The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where he received a $12,000 check this week to help with tuition.

Not actually accepted. “Acceptance,” a 50-minute film produced by Ryan Chan ’14 was screened yesterday evening in the Whitney Humanities Center. The movie is based on the true story of a student from India who lies about getting into Harvard in order to gain acceptance from his peers. Chan began working on the film his freshman year.

Remembrance. The Yale Armenian Network organized a memorial event yesterday evening to reflect on the Armenian genocide. Students gathered in front of the Women’s Table after dark to read, share and remember.

Flower power.  After Spring Fling, the Japanese American Students Union is taking part in a cherry tree planting. The planting is part of the Cherry Blossom Festival being held at Wooster Square.

The Internet wins again. The Columbia Daily Spectator is becoming the first Ivy League daily paper to go entirely digital. According to IvyGate, the move was announced at a staff-wide meeting this week by Editor in Chief Abby Abrams. The digitization is expected to go into effect in the fall, accompanied by a once-weekly print edition on Thursdays.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1980 Three juniors seek to be selected as delegates to the Democratic National Convention in August, representing Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New York.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS