Birthday Shoutout. This week marks the 376th anniversary of New Haven’s founding.

Not a chance. A fake email sent around yesterday imitated University President Peter Salovey’s “Notes from Woodbridge Hall” to announce that Chance The Rapper would be coming to Spring Fling. The confusion arose because Salovey interpreted Chance’s use of the words “ill” and “mad sick” as literal descriptions of “Mr. The Rapper’s immune system” according to the email. The note also promised Salovey would make an effort to acquaint himself with rap music to avoid further confusion.

Learning to cook. In an interview with the News on Wednesday, Yale College Dean Mary Miller revealed some long-harbored aspirations. “My aspiration is to watch Breaking Bad when I’m done being dean,” Miller said. “I want to join the rest of America. Starting June 26, I’m gonna do some binge television watching.” Then she confessed that her alter ego was Heisenberg or The One Who Knocks.

Modern day Achilles? Actor Brad Pitt will play Gen. Stanley McChrystal in an upcoming movie. McChrystal is currently teaching a course on leadership at the Jackson Institute of Global Affairs.

Drinks for dinner. Graduate students are enjoying alcohol with their dinner tonight at the McBrewgal Fest Belgian Beer Dinner in the Hall of Graduate Studies dining hall. The meal is a celebration of the end of prohibition during April,  National Beer Month.

Rising star. Lupita Nyong’o DRA ’12 has been named People Magazine’s Most Beautiful Person for 2014, joining the ranks of past winners including Julia Roberts, Beyonce and Tom Cruise. The win comes after a streak of success for Nyong’o this year including winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in 12 Years a Slave and signing on to become Lancome’s first black ambassador. The 2014 Most Beautiful issue marks People’ Magazine’s 25th annual.

Yale in Hollywood. Another Yale School of Drama alum, Meryl Streep  ‘75 MFA ‘83 DFA (Hon.), has recieved the 14th Annual Monte Cristo Award for her contributions to American theater. The award is given by the O’Neill Center. One of Streep’s first professional credits after graduation from the School of Drama was participating in the O’Neill’s National Playwrights Conference in 1975.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY. 1981 A Two for One party is held in Morse and Ezra Stiles followed by the Yale Prom in Commons. Meanwhile, Commander Cody performs at Toad’s Place.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS