“Safer Sex Fiesta.” The Safer Sex Fiesta is taking place today — an event hosted by Yale Health Student Wellness, Peer Health Educators and the LGBTQ Co-op. “Want to try and break open our piñatas?!?!?!” the event description reads. Students dropping by Cross Campus will be treated to free STI consultations, a trivia wheel with prizes, safer sex supplies as well as actual piñatas.

Coffee break. Morning Joe stopped by campus yesterday for a talk in LC. Joe Scarborough is the host of weekday news talk show Morning Joe on MSNBC and a former Republican Congressman from Florida. The discussion was hosted by the William F. Buckley, Jr. program.

A dozen awards. Two Yale faculty members — Jun Korenaga, professor of geology and geophysics and Steven Pincus, professor of history — and ten Yale alumni were chosen from nearly 3,000 candidates as Guggenheim fellows for achievements in scholarship or the creative arts. The prize is given out to candidates from the U.S. and Canada by the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation.

Day at the Museum. Yesterday was the fourth annual Family Day at the Peabody Museum, even though everyday is basically family day at the kid-friendly natural history museum. Families who attended enjoyed games in the Great Hall of Dinosaurs including a Dino Egg Golf Game and a Life Cycle Game, as well crafts to make masks. A puppet show was also held in the museum’s auditorium.

Young Picassos. The Yale School of Art hosted an opening reception for undergraduate senior projects in art yesterday evening in its Green Hall Gallery on Chapel Street. The exhibition has been open since Saturday and will remain open until April 23. Seventeen senior students are showing their work.

Varsity status. Following six Ivy League championships, the women’s rugby club team at Brown is being elevated to full varsity status, to begin in the fall. The team will become Brown’s 21st women’s varsity team and 38th varsity team. Brown is the second Ivy to elevate women’s rugby to intercollegiate varsity level following Harvard last fall.

Sorority Reform. The Epsilon Kappa Theta sorority at Dartmouth announced they will not participate in formal recruitment process next year, instead adopting a more casual recruitment process to reduce exclusivity and superficiality.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1967 Harvard students are threatened with expulsion for illegal drug use according to their dean John Monro.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS