This is a developing story. Full story will be included in tomorrow’s paper.

Choose Life at Yale (CLAY) — an undergraduate pro-life group — was denied membership into Dwight Hall following a meeting of group leaders this evening. The vote comes after CLAY spent the past year as a provisional member group.

The majority of the Dwight Hall Cabinet voted against admitting CLAY as a member group, said Sterling Johnson ’15, Dwight Hall co-coordinator. Other than the majority vote, Dwight Hall does not have an official statement for why CLAY was denied membership, he said. The admission of a group is based on whether or not the cabinet members think the provisional group’s work is service that aligns with the Dwight Hall mission, said Shea Jennings ’16, Dwight Hall public relations coordinator.

“Our primary goal at this point is to proceed forward with next year and continue to show out commitment to actively advocating social justice,” said Christian Hernandez ’15, CLAY president for the spring 2014 term.

As Yale’s student-run pro-life group, CLAY holds weekly meetings to discuss issues surrounding abortion, coordinates candlelight vigils each spring and volunteers at Saint Gianna’s, a local pregnancy crisis center.

Full members of Dwight Hall have have complete access to Dwight Hall’s resources, which includes funding, cars and meeting space. If CLAY wishes to re-apply for full membership, it will have to spend another year as a provisional member of Dwight Hall.

CLAY was granted provisional membership into Dwight Hall in the fall of 2013.

SARAH BRULEY