Music Festival Season. Yale’s Spring Fling was named one of the top five college music festivals of 2014 for this year’s lineup of Diplo, Chance the Rapper and Betty Who. “This Ivy League seems to take the opinion of their student body pretty seriously, as they took suggestions into consideration for the construction of this year’s lineup,” according to the piece on Baeblemusic.com. Also on the list were the University of Pennsylvania, Tufts, Vanderbilt and Brown.

Let’s talk about that plastic bag. Producer Bruce Cohen ’83 was on campus yesterday evening for a screening and Q&A of his film “American Beauty” (1999), which won the Oscar for Best Picture. Director Sam Mendes, who won Best Director for the film, was also present.

Fresh out of the oven. Students have a rare chance to stock up on Thin Mints, Samoas and Trefoils today. Girl Scout cookies are being sold in Branford and Pierson during dinner Thursday from 6–7 p.m. at $4 a box. The Girl Scout troop attends Hooker Elementary School and has four troop leaders who attend Yale.

Free friends. A new site has popped up to help Yale students socialize with their classmates. “Grabbing Lunch with Strangers” will set up participants for half hour meals with random peers for the week of April 14–18.

Shutterbug. Glamour Magazine recently named Susannah Benjamin ’15 one of its top ten college women for its 57th annual college-achievement competition. Benjamin was labeled the “photo genius” for her achievements, which include shooting Beyoncé in 2011 and having over three million views on her Flickr account.

Real music. The Grammy-nominated Yale Cellos performed their popular annual concert yesterday evening in the Morse Recital Hall. The second half of the concert featured the premiere of Ezra Laderman’s “Second Partita” for unaccompanied cello, for those of you who know what that means.

Gender disparity. Dartmouth recently published a piece about the gender disparity in its commencement speakers. Since the start of the 20th century, only 10 speakers have been female, accounting for 17.5 percent of the total number of speakers. Dartmouth College became coeducational in 1972.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1962 Senior societies finalize plans for a “pre-tap period” prior to the final round of taps. A procedure set by Scroll and Key is circulated. Only one society, Skull and Bones, indicates it will not follow this new procedure.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS