The Yale women’s sailing won the Emily Wick Sailing Trophy this weekend for the second straight year.

The No. 1 Eli women beat out 17 opposing teams at the event on the Thames River, which was hosted by the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, winning the regatta as well as the A and B divisions.

“We sailed in pretty tricky conditions,” women’s skipper Morgan Kiss ’15 said. “So I think we were able to do well as a team by making comebacks in races that weren’t going as well.”

The shifting winds forced restructuring of the racecourses on Saturday, but the women were able to finish in first place at the end of the day and hold on to their lead throughout Sunday.

Among other opponents, the Bulldogs also triumphed over MIT after falling in a close battle against the Engineers the weekend before.

“When we are sailing, we try not to think so much about singling out one particular school we are trying to beat,” women’s skipper Marlena Fauer ’14. “Rather, we try to have our best individual result and winning will follow that. It felt good to be back on top this weekend though.”

Fauer and crew Natalya Doris ’17 took the B division title, while Kiss and crew Amanda Salvesen ’14 won the A division. The A division had nine teams competing, while the B division was composed of eight teams.

After a few races on Sunday morning, there were delays throughout the early afternoon due to wind, with races picking up again later on during the day.

“We sailed really well as a team in really difficult, shifty conditions,” Fauer said. “And we were able to come back from a harder weekend at Brown.”

The Bulldogs finished 31 points ahead of the second-place team from the University of Rhode Island. MIT, which finished in fourth place, found itself 68 points behind Yale in the standings at the end of competition.

With the win, the Yale women’s sailing team has now won four of the last five meets it has sailed in dating back to the Navy Women’s Interconference March 8-9. The Bulldogs finished second at the Dellenbaugh Trophy hosted by Brown March 29-30.

“We have our qualifier for Nationals in two weekends, so we were happy to perform as we did at this point in the season,” Kiss said.

The women will head north for the President’s Trophy at Boston University this weekend. In two weeks time, the women will race to secure a spot at Nationals when they cast off at the Women’s New England Championship, which will be hosted by Dartmouth.

ERICA PANDEY