House of Cards. Seems University President Peter Salovey may be going the Frank Underwood route. On Wednesday afternoon, Salovey gave his annual guest lecture on love in “Introduction to Psychology” (PSYC 110) — his first since becoming University president. After turning to one slide displaying a bar graph, Salovey announced: “These aren’t the data from the actual study, I made this up … I’m the damn president.” Later in the class, he introduced another point saying, “We’ve already established I am president and I have a loose grip on the truth.”

Texts with Davenport. Davenport College recently panlisted out an invitation for their students to join the college’s mass texting system. Students who subscribe into the program will receive text reminders about study breaks, Master’s Teas and other events.

Roses are red and violets are blue. English professor J.D. McClatchy recently published a new book of poems about love, death and other lofty poetic topics. The volume is titled “Plundered Hearts.” The New York Journal of Books describes the works as “muscularly graceful poems of passion, sex and death [that] haunt the heart, linger in the mind.”

Quest for the magic diet. Yale researchers David Katz and Stephanie Meller recently published a study comparing the major diets of the day: low carb versus low fat versus Mediterranean versus Paleolithic versus vegan among others. However, they concluded that no diet is clearly superior although certain common elements among the diets are proven to be beneficial for health, such as staying away from processed foods. The paper is titled “Can We Say What Diet is Best for Health?”

Saving the world one case competition at a time. Two groups of students from the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies were awarded “best proposal” during the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Building Case Competition held this month in Washington, D.C. This marks the second consecutive year that both Yale teams participating in the national contest have won their competition.

Spice up your dating life. A new startup from the University of Pennsylvania is offering to match up undergraduates and graduate students for blind date-like social gatherings. The sign-up process for Mixter allows clients to select preferences such as “Wharton guys” or “Temple girls” according to the Daily Pennsylvanian.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1990 The campus is hit with a wave of thefts over spring break.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS