Yale after dark. A recent Huffington Post College piece posed the question that probably keeps college students nationwide awake at night: “Are Ivy League ‘nerds’ having better sex than the rest of the country?” In the remainder of the piece, sex columnist Margot Harris from Brown argues that nerds are more sensitive and so probably more attentive to the needs of their partner.

From High Street to Wall Street. The recently released book “Young Money” by Kevin Roose, which explores the lives of new Wall Street bank employees, has quite a bit to say about Yale. Surprised? The author apparently crashed the annual fall Goldman Sachs recruiting session at the Omni Hotel to find “several dozen nervous-looking Yalies picking at lukewarm sesame chicken strips, cheese puff pastries and beef skewers.” The author later meets a student who says the draw of Wall Street for his peers mostly taps into their fears and insecurities.

This is not a case study! Ironically, multiple participants in the Global Health Case Competition ended up sick this week with fever, nausea and a variety of other symptoms. “If you develop a similar illness in the next couple days please let us know too so we can try to figure out if this is a larger problem and, if so, try to figure out the culprit exposure and coordinate with Student Health if necessary,” an email blast read to the group of public health students.

Covergirl. Recent Yale School of Drama graduate Lupita Nyong’o DRA ’12 has been leaving a trail of newsstands in her wake on her path to the Oscars. This week, she was featured on Entertainment Weekly with fellow front-runner Cate Blanchett. Last week, she was photographed for the front page of New York Magazine. Nyong’o was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in “12 Years a Slave.”

The best of Times, the worst of Times. For one extra dollar, you can now get the same dining hall news without the actual paper product! The New York Times is offering a discounted online subscription rate for students, which is 99 cents for the first four weeks.

STEM kids get all the attention. This week marks Engineer’s Week at the Yale School of Engineering & Applied Science. Events include a project expo for undergraduates, a career panel and a talk on the “Future of Energy.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1968 Police arrest three teenagers in the basement of Morse by trapping them there. The officer locked the three in a room until other police backup arrived, proving Morse’s utility for both housing and imprisonment.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS