‘White Out for Mandi’ returns. The fourth annual fundraiser for the Mandi Schwartz Foundation is being held today. The Yale women’s ice hockey team is dedicating its game against Brown to the cause. Admission to Ingalls Rink will be free and donations will be accepted at the door. Everybody is encouraged to wear their best all-white everything.

Branson & friends. The New Haven museum held a “Downton Abbey”-inspired event on Thursday about immigrant domestic servants from Ireland in the 1800s. “Thousands landed, lived, and worked in Connecticut, resulting in drama occasionally reminiscent of scenes from ‘Downton Abbey.’” according to the event description. The comparison between the elite halls of Yale and the sitting rooms of Downton is almost too easily made.

Something smells like onions. Satirical news site The Yale Bubble remains unpopped. Recent timely headlines include “Seminar Professor Determines Class Roster By Russian Roulette,” “Honeymoon Period of Relationship With Seminar Abruptly Ends With First Assignment” and “Froco Email Treads Thin, Awkward Line Between Formal and Casual.”

The draft begins. Information sessions for freshman counselors ­— the first line of defense for the campus — are now taking place across campus.

Pasta and puzzles. Wooster Square Italian restaurant Consiglio’s is hosting a theater dinner party tonight titled the “Midwinter Beach Party.” The affair is advertised as involving an interactive comedy show, a mystery murder, games, prizes, as well as a costume contest for best tropical outfit, begging the question of how much can you stuff in between one three-course Italian meal?

Valentines Day every day. The 5th Annual Valentine Chocolate Festival is not being held on Valentine’s day but this Saturday, in St. Thomas More Chapel. The full-day event will allow attendees to sample nearly two dozen types of treats and vote for their favorites. Last year’s Grand Prize winners included J Cakes for their chocolate dipped strawberry cake and Romina Fiorotto for a chocolate and blackberry flan.

The Secret Garden. The Yale Marsh Botanical Gardens are holding an open house this Saturday, allowing visitors to see how their collections of carnivorous, desert and tropical plants are holding up in the middle of winter.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1980 Students fear the possibility of a real draft, into the army (not the ranks of the freshmen counselors).

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS