Pushing architectural boundaries to infinity and beyond. A recent article on LinkedIn referred to the new Yale SOM campus as the “newest version of the Starship Enterprise,” but the change has not been entirely welcomed. According to the piece, professors who moved in last month are already complaining about missing the charm of the older, Victorian-style buildings. A few even brought up issues with the amount of sunlight being let in through the steel structure’s many windows.

Exiting through the gift shop. The Elm City graffiti artist Believe in People released a video “BiP: The Mixtape” at a special one-time screening at the old Robby Len swimsuit factory building last weekend. The film told the story of the artist’s background — how he diverged from his Ivy League education and “2-percenter” job after a life-changing experience — and also announced his plans to take his work out of New Haven and onto the national and international stage.

Life after Yale. A Sunday photo from popular blog “Humans of New York” featured a Yale alum offering the words of wisdom “fly straight.” “If there’s an election, vote. If there’s a cause, participate. If there’s a war, enlist,” he said.

Connecticut’s finest. CNN’s list of top 2014 attractions for each state featured New Haven’s International Festival of Arts & Ideas for Connecticut. The two-weeks of art and music events take place each summer and brings in performers and lecturers.

For God, for country and for football. Yale Commons played host to the Walter Camp Foundation Awards Dinner on Saturday. Florida State University freshman quarterback Jameis Winston was awarded 2013 Walter Camp Player of the Year, a title voted on by the Football Bowl Subdivision.

Mission impossible. Over the break, Parker Liautaud ’16 completed the fastest-ever trek from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole, reaching the southernmost point on the Earth’s surface in just over 18 days.

Post-grad employment prospects. The Senate confirmed Janet Yellen GRD ’71 as the chairwoman of the Federal Reserve last week. Yellen was previously a member of the Yale Corporation.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1950. Liggett’s soda counter has introduced begins serving a flaming marshmallow sundae. Reactions are mixed, with Henry Murray ’52 saying “Sirens and flaming ice creams are for children, not hungover Yalies.”

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS