Almost two weeks after he became embroiled in a domestic dispute with his now-deceased husband — Samuel See, assistant professor of English at Yale — Sunder Ganglani appeared in court Thursday on charges of violating a protective order.

At a hearing in New Haven Superior Court, Ganglani agreed to complete a family violence education program, which will cost him a total $400. He told the News prior to the hearing that he was “devastated” by See’s death.

“We are all grieving,” said Ganglani, a former student at the Yale School of Drama who returned to See’s Wooster Square home on Nov. 22 to retrieve some belongings despite the mutual protective orders keeping the couple apart. An ensuing dispute brought New Haven Police officers to the scene. See, who resisted arrest, was detained that evening after being treated for a minor cut above his left eye. See died in the early morning of Nov. 23, in his cell in NHPD lock-up.

Ganglani declined to give further comment: “There’s nothing else I can say right now. It’s just completely devastating.” Ganglani is scheduled to reappear in court on June 5 following his completion of the violence education program.

See’s cause of death remains unknown. The chief state medical examiner’s office has ruled out trauma from the cut as the cause of his abrupt death but is waiting for the results of a toxicology examination to issue its final report.

ISAAC STANLEY-BECKER