Animal kingdom. By now, most Yalies are used to New Haven’s particularly aggressive breed of squirrels, and, occasionally, the cockroach in the basement. But Stilesians were in for a treat on Tuesday when a skunk was spotted in the Crescent Underground Courtyard. According to an email from Stiles Master Stephen Pitti ’91, administrators were working to catch the “beautiful stinker” and planned to reopen the area as soon as possible.

Construction update. Provost Ben Polak updated Yalies on the progress and scheduled completion of three large construction projects happening around campus, helping to explain the large amount of blue tarp on major campus fixtures. In an email to the Yale community, Polak said the $30 million exterior renovation of Payne Whitney Gymnasium should be completed by August 2014, the Sterling Chemistry Laboratory renovations by fall 2016, and the upgrades to 43 Hillhouse Avenue — the “President’s house” — by fall 2014.

Not finance or banking. It looks like not all Yalies make a beeline for Wall Street after graduation. According to Teach for America’s (TFA) sixth annual ranking report, Yale ranks 12th among medium-sized universities for largest number of graduates — at 30 — working as teachers in TFA’s 2013 corps. Roughly 7 percent of the University’s graduating seniors applied for TFA, and throughout the program’s history, more than 525 Yale alumni have taught as corps members.

Choo choo. With the help of a $10 million federal grant, the New Haven State Street Station will build a second platform, intended to facilitate  trains traveling along the planned New Haven-Hartford-Springfield rail line. U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro, Connecticut Senators Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, and Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy praised the initiative.

History buffs, rejoice. Sterling Memorial Library recently purchased the American Pamphlets Series 1, 1820-1922 database, a collection that contains pamphlets and short works from the Jacksonian era to the Jazz Age. Content will be added until December 2014.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1985 Hundreds of underage Yalies line up outside SSS 114 to receive “drinking cards,” part of the University’s response to a new state law that sets the drinking age at 21. Because of the new law, no alcohol will be permitted at parties on Old Campus, and on-campus parties thrown by college social committes with Yale funds will require paid bartenders and policemen. Parties with more than 20 guests will require the prior approval of college masters.

YALE DAILY NEWS