When it comes to Yale, there can only be one.

After the University filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the college exam consultant company Yale Academy in May, the two Yales settled the suit last week with the provision that Yale Academy will change its name.

Yale Academy has wielded its name since its founding in 1995. But the test prep and college counseling group — which guarantees either a SAT score of at least 2200 or a 400 point increase for students enrolled in its classes — is changing its name to Y2 on August 31.

University spokesman Tom Conroy told the News the lawsuit was “nothing unusual,” and the University and company settled for that reason.

“The University is concerned when it comes to its attention that consumers may be confused and believe that there is a programmatic relationship between Yale University and a business enterprise, as may happen in the field of education,” he added in a statement to the News. “The change in name by the company will end that possibility.”

A number of media outlets, such as NBC and The New York Times, picked up the story, highlighting claims by owner Terry Yang that he named Yale Academy by combining the first two letters of his last name with that of his wife, Catherine Lee. The Yale Academy website also boasts a blue and white logo.

Conroy added that it is standard for the University to take action in instances when there is infringement on Yale’s name and marks.

JULIA ZORTHIAN