Run, Kate, run! Yale alum Kate Grace ’11 won the USA women’s 1-mile road championship yesterday, clocking in at an impressive 4:43.02 to claim the race, which was held Tuesday in Des Moines, Iowa.

Real life Yaliens? The Peabody Museum has identified a rock that crashed into a Wolcott, Conn., house last Saturday as part of a meteorite that burned through the atmosphere before tearing through the house’s roof. Initially thought to be a block of concrete falling from a passing plane, this mysterious space rock is also thought to have caused an explosion-like boom heard throughout the state on Friday. As of press time, no extraterrestrial sightings had been reported.

Homecoming tour. Three bands headed by Yale alumni are returning to the Elm City to perform at BAR pizza later tonight. San Fermin, Magic Man, and Great Caesar — which are led by Ellis Ludwig-Leone ’11, Sam Lee ’12, and John Michael Parker ’10, respectively — are all set to release new albums within the next year.

Let them go home. Just a few days after Yalies go thrift shopping and party with Macklemore, indie rock band Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes will perform at Princeton’s spring concert, “Lawnparties,” on May 5. According to The Daily Princetonian, the band — best known for its single “Home” and “Man on Fire” — will perform at Princeton’s Quadrangle Club.

Bathroom break. Land is valuable, and it appears that toilets are too. That’s why a Friday email sent to architecture students  seemingly at the request of the History of Art Department reminded Yalies that the toilet rooms on the Loria side of the fourth, fifth and sixth floors “are for the exclusive use of [History of Art] faculty members.”

Getting a facelift. The University of Connecticut may get a new $100 million recreation and wellness center complete with a 50-meter pool, climbing wall, synthetic turf field, yoga and spin cycle room and possibly a juice bar. But the project will not come cheap: If approved, the center would be financed by a $500 increase in student fees for undergraduates and $400 increase for graduate students.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1968 A group of roughly 300 student protesters led by the makeshift “Committee to Save the Cross Campus” successfully prevent bulldozers from uprooting trees on the west end of the square. Their efforts lead University President Kingman Brewster to meet with architects and other officials to discuss student resistance to the project.

Submit tips to the Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS