Double dipping. It looks like Cory Booker LAW ’97 will have numerous speaking engagements this semester. In addition to delivering Yale’s Class Day speech on May 19, the Newark mayor is slated to give the commencement address at Cornell and Washington University in St. Louis. When it comes to commencements, Booker has plenty of practice: He has delivered eight graduation speeches since 2009.

On stage. Almost a year after Marina Keegan ’12 passed away just days after graduating from Yale, the Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater will be putting up the first professional production of her play “Utility Monster,” which will run from May 25 to June 22. “Utility Monster” was first staged as a Dramat spring experimental production in 2011.

In the hot seat. University President Richard Levin’s two-part conversation with prominent journalist Charlie Rose aired last night on Bloomberg TV. In the interview, Levin reflected on his presidency and discussed his new book, “The Worth of the University.”

Feelin’ philanthropic. Blackstone founder Steve Schwarzman has decided to donate $100 million to endow a scholarship program — intended to mirror the Rhodes Scholarship program — at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Known as “Schwarzman Scholars,” the 200 recipients of the award will receive funding to study for a one-year master’s program at Tsinghua University. In addition, Architecture School dean Robert Stern will design the teaching building that will be constructed for the program.

Money money money. The winners of the Yale College Council’s 10K Initiative have been announced: This year, funding will be split between a “bike share” program and rock climbing wall. Launched in 2010, the initiative seeks to fund student-proposed plans that will improve campus life.

Medical marijuana revisited. Patients, advocates and prospective marijuana growers attended a public hearing held yesterday to discuss proposed medical marijuana legislation that will be presented to lawmakers in July. According to The Hartford Courant, Consumer Protection Commissioner William Rubenstein will ultimately propose between three and 10 growers and a separate group of licensed dispensers.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1980 About 150 students and professors convene on Cross Campus to protest draft registration. Participants of the rally, organized by Campaign Against the Draft, speak out against the draft and sing slogans, including “They told us another war would never come again.”

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS