But did they remember to smize? Several Calvin Klein models were spotted on Beinecke Plaza yesterday afternoon, casually lounging about in Calvin Klein apparel as the wind swept through their perfectly manicured hair. If the Yale Admissions Office is looking for a new recruiting strategy, this just may be it.

#swuggin’. A New York Magazine piece published yesterday investigated — in detail — the life of a Yale SWUG. The article was replete with interviews with members of this exclusive class and boiled down SWUG life into a simple, memorable line: “One last chance at youthful rebellion before the soft cushion of college is yanked out.”

Constant vigilance. In an email sent to the Yale community Tuesday afternoon, Yale Police Chief Ronnell Higgins warned students of a “voyeurism” incident that took place on Old Campus the morning before. According to the email, someone had filmed an undergraduate student with what appeared to be a cellphone as she was showering. Higgins’ message hits especially close to home, as it’s the first in recent memory regarding an incident on Old Campus.

Superstar. After guiding the Yale men’s hockey team to its first Frozen Four in 61 years, head coach Keith Allain ’80 was named a finalist in the Spencer Penrose Award, an honor given to the best coach of the Division I men’s hockey season. Allain has boasted an overall record of 136-84-19 in his seven seasons at Yale.

Gun control. A bipartisan group of senators announced yesterday afternoon that they had reached an agreement on background checks on purchases at gun shows and on the Internet, paving the way for a gun bill to reach the Senate floor. Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 has said that he will propose an amendment that would ban high-capacity magazines once the bill makes it to the Senate.

Party in style. The Yale College Council is selling Spring Fling gear to help students rage fashionably for Macklemore. Students who buy a piece of apparel will have the chance to win a backstage pass, and the winner will be announced the day before the concert. But if you’re not interested, don’t worry: You can always go thrift $hopping instead.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1994 Tom Beckett is named Yale’s athletics director after serving as Stanford’s associate athletics director. Beckett, who coached former Yale baseball coach John Stuper in the mid-1970s, was chosen from a field of over 100 candidates.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS