David Remnick, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author and editor in chief of The New Yorker, has been named Princeton’s Class Day speaker and will give his address on June 3, The Daily Princetonian reported.

Remnick graduated as a member of the Class of 1981= from Princeton University, where he majored in comparative literature and founded the Nassau Weekly. He said his love of journalism has been building since his high school days, and agreed to address the Class of 2013 with the caveat that he would not be giving a “two-hour speech.”

“There is something about journalism – about getting out of the house, seeing things, learning things, talking to people and getting yourself out of yourself that was always very appealing to me,” Remnick said to the Daily Princetonian.

Remnick worked as a Moscow correspondent for The Washington Post before becoming editor of The New Yorker in 1998 and being named “Editor of the Year” by Advertising Age in 2000. He has published six books in total, winning the Pulitzer Prize in 1994 for his book on the end of the Soviet empire.

Princeton’s Class Day committee members said in a press release that Remnick was chosen for his “witty humor” and insightful experiences as a journalist, which they believe will “resonate” with the Class of 2013.

Remnick will follow Steve Carell and Brooke Shields, who spoke at Princeton’s Class Day celebrations in 2012 and 2011, respectively.

Yale’s Class Day celebration on May 19 will feature Newark Mayor Cory Booker LAW ’97 as its speaker.