Welcoming YTV. With the end of spring break, the News is proud to announce the launch of YTV, a Yale Daily News weekly video broadcast. Starting March 31, YTV will broadcast on the News’ website on Sunday evenings at 5 p.m. with weekly headlines, original broadcast reporting and interview segments with major campus and world figures. Check our home page for more information on this new and exciting feature.

Republican Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio reversed his stance on same-sex marriage earlier this month after reassessing the issue when his son, Will Portman ’14, told his parents he was gay. Sen. Portman, who voted for the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act as a member of the House of Representatives, told reporters that he began to see the same-sex marriage issue from a “new perspective” after his son came out to him two years ago.

Beauty and brains. Yale has long been known for its sterling academics, but now, it appears the Bulldogs are making waves for their stupendous looks. According to a list published on Business Insider from data compiled by College Prowler, Yale is the 15th-best school in the country for its combination of good looks and good learning. Guess you really can have it all.

Celebrity professor. NBC News’ chief science and health correspondent Robert Bazell announced on Friday that he will be leaving NBC to serve as an adjunct professor in the Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Department at Yale. Bazell has produced over 4,000 reports for NBC since he joined in 1976 and has won four Emmys and a Peabody Award.

Double dipping. It looks like Yale was not the only Ivy League school eyeing Cory Booker LAW ’97 as a Class Day speaker: The Newark mayor will also deliver a speech at Cornell University’s convocation on May 25. Booker has spoken at eight commencement ceremonies since 2009.

Pushing for free speech in Singapore. A group of over 30 students, staff and alumni at the National University of Singapore wrote an open letter to NUS administrators urging them to hire Cherian George, a Singaporean journalism professor known for criticizing Singapore’s media regulations. George, who was refused tenure at Nanyang Technological University for a second time, claimed he was denied because of his outspoken views.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1914 Signers of the “Senior Society Resolutions” meet today to decide whether they are eligible on Tap Night for election to senior societies.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS