Reinventing the Wenzel. In celebration of Timothy Dwight Master Jeffrey Brenzel’s 60th birthday, several TD students and the TD writing tutor banded together to give Brenzel the gift of a lifetime: an eternal sandwich to be named after him — the “Brenzel,” the modern-day counterpart to the iconic Wenzel. The gift was revealed at a Mellon Forum yesterday as participating students taste-tested four different sandwiches from Town Pizza to determine which one would win the lucky title. Though unconfirmed, earlier reports suggested that a buffalo chicken sandwich would take home the prize.

Reborn. The historic Richter’s bar is slated to re-establish its place in the Elm City’s bar scene and reopen under a new owner. Jason Sobocinski, the current owner of Caseus Fromagerie & Bistro, will refurbish the bar and said in a statement that he expects it to be “relaxed, adult, nostalgic and 100 percent New Haven.”

Stripping for science. Before starting his “Frontiers of Science” lecture on Monday, Columbia professor Emlyn Hughes shocked his students by stripping down to his underwear, hugging his knees in a fetal position and watching as another individual hacked up a stuffed animal with a sword — all in front of a backdrop of 9/11 videos, the Columbia Daily Spectator reported. But what do nudity and stuffed animal cruelty have to do with science? Well, according to Hughes, learning quantum mechanics requires you to “strip to your raw, erase all the garbage from your brain and start over again.”

Final call. Today is the last day of the Senior Class Gift campaign, a three-week endeavor that began Jan. 30. As of yesterday evening, the effort raised $27,525.79 with 90.4 percent participation across the residential colleges, just shy of the record-breaking $31,545.57 raised last year for the Senior Class Gift.

Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Sandy Hook killings, was reportedly fascinated and possibly inspired by a 2011 massacre at a Norwegian summer camp that left 69 people dead, according to the Hartford Courant. The articles were found in Lanza’s bedroom at his mother’s home in Newtown, Conn., where police also discovered a collection of violent video games.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1992 GESO, the Graduate Employees and Studies Organization, calls off its three-day academic strike after reaching an agreement with the University. The strike — which began over tensions regarding teaching assistant salaries, grievance procedures and library access — ends after GESO leaders approached the union’s members with a proposal from Graduate School Dean Judith Rodin.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS