THE NEWS

• Last year, it was Barbara Walters. The year before, it was Tom Hanks. Who will be this year’s Class Day speaker? Find out in tomorrow’s News.
  • Starting this June, visiting tour groups will not be taking many photos of the iconic entrance hall of Sterling Library. During the upcoming restoration of the Sterling atrium — known as “the nave” in reference to its cathedral-like design — the space will be covered in scaffolding, and library patrons will have to navigate the room using “construction tunnels,” University Librarian Susan Gibbons said in a Monday email.
  • Leo Hickey, a leading scholar in the field of paleontology remembered by friends, family and colleagues for his sense of humor and breadth of academic interest, died of melanoma Saturday morning in Branford, Conn. He was 72. A prominent figure in the field of paleobotany, the study of plant fossils, Hickey came to Yale in 1982 to serve as director of the Peabody Museum of Natural History and became chair of the Geology and Geophysics Department in 2003.
THE WEATHER

High of 43 degrees, low of 26 degrees, mostly sunny and clear.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Steelcut Oats, Waffle Bar, Blueberry Oat Tea Bread

Lunch: Cream Of Roasted Tomato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Memphis Style Pulled Pork Sandwich, Braised Lentils With Kale, Grilled Garden Burger, Grilled Cheese On Whole Wheat, Pita with Chickpea, Spinach & Cukes, Sweet Potato Fries, Fresh Market Vegetable, Farro Waldorf Salad, Creamy Coleslaw, Iced Red Velvet Heath Bar Cupcake, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie

Dinner: Cream Of Roasted Tomato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Grits, Red Beans & Rice, Southern Fried Chicken, Grilled Garden Burger, Blackened Catfish Fillet, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Market Vegetable, Farro Waldorf Salad, Creamy Coleslaw, Apple Crumb Pie

In Commons

Commons will be closed tomorrow.

Correction: 2.12.13

An earlier version of this article included a menu for Commons. In fact, Commons will be closed on Tuesday in light of the blizzard.

YALE DAILY NEWS