Not Bill Nye, but definitely a science guy. English lecturer Carl Zimmer ’87 has won this year’s American Association for the Advancement of Sciences’ Kavli Science Journalism Award for three articles he published in The New York Times, one of which discusses the trillions of bacteria living in our bodies. Frightening.

Strike a pose. Or share one. Yale’s Office of Public Affairs and Communications is holding a photo contest and asking Yalies to submit pictures of their favorite Yale experiences from 2012. The contest is open to all members of the Yale community and is open until 5 p.m. on Dec. 7.

Team Salovey. Two students from the Yale School of Management were part of the winning team at Yale’s inaugural Global Health Case Competition, held on Nov. 10. But apart from the case competition, the six-person team also won in the creative name category. Dubbed “Salovey and Sons Consulting Company” after President-elect and Provost Peter Salovey, the members won the right to represent Yale at the International Global Health Case Competition in March.

Renovating the arts. After undergoing $3.8 million in renovations, the New Haven Long Wharf Theatre unveiled its renovated facility on Tuesday, bringing to an end the theater’s largest improvement project in its almost 50-year history. The renovations leave the Long Wharf Theatre with a larger lobby, increased bathroom space, a bigger concessions and box office area and more space between rows. Leg room for all!

The dream is over. It seems the Petraeus-gate will not be opening for the Tigers. Princeton University has confirmed that it is not among the four universities that have offered former CIA Director David Petraeus a position on its faculty, The Daily Princetonian reported yesterday.

Schooled. At 21 percent, the disparity between Connecticut’s overall graduation rate and the graduation rate for economically disadvantaged students is the highest reported in the country.

Dirty Dozen. Three Connecticut companies have been named to the Toxics Action Center’s “Dirty Dozen” list, which calls out what the center deems to be the worst polluters in New England. This time, the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority, Connecticut Environmental Council and Raymark Superfund Site made the list.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1961 Four residential colleges and the Art and Drama schools lose electricity after the power-dispensing unit breaks down.

YALE DAILY NEWS