November 7th, 2012 | City

New legislation sweeps states

Last night, voters across 38 states expressed their opinions on more than 176 pieces of legislation. From the legalization of recreational marijuana use in Massachusetts, Colorado and Washington to the legalization of same-sex marriage in Maine and Maryland, Election Day saw sweeping changes in the laws of several states.

Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize the production, sale and possession of recreational marijuana, and Massachusetts legalized medical marijuana. Under the law in Massachusetts, patients with a doctor’s prescription can get up to 60 days’ worth of recreational marijuana. With half of the precincts reporting, 63 percent of voters in Massachusetts had voted in favor of decriminalizing the drug.

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper expressed mixed reactions to the decriminalization of marijuana, noting that the drug’s consumption is still a federal offense.

“Federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly,” he said in a statement. Nov. 6 also saw another first: Two states — Maryland and Maine — passed measures to back same-sex marriage.

Proposition 34 in California — which seeks to abolish the death penalty — is falling behind in early returns, as of 1 a.m. EST Wednesday morning. 56.2 percent of voters had voted no to the proposition by Tuesday night, while 43.8 percent of voters had voted yes.

• Goldie08

Cheetos XXtra Flamin’ Hots are the shiznit

• jamesdakrn

COLORADO ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH~~~

• Pingback: URL

• Pingback: themidsummer.co.uk

• Pingback: Lee Harbert

• Pingback: http://www.etoro-partner.com/

• Pingback: Forgot Windows 7 Password

• Pingback: Click here

• Pingback: Website

• Pingback: Tim Louis & Company Law

• Pingback: 100 Day Challenge

• Pingback: How To Motivate Yourself

• Pingback: Colorado Mortgage

• Pingback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKViD-SG1ro

• Pingback: coronation Cleaning

• dudleysharp

PROP. 34: The Truth Will Kill It
    Dudley Sharp

An honest discussion about Prop 34 would result in its overwhelming defeat.

COSTS

Are the cost claims made by the pro Prop 34 folks reliable (1)? No.

The ACLU cost review was easily destroyed (1) and Mitchell and Alarcon, of the $4 billion study infamy, refuse to share their database (1), which we can presume has problems and, therefore, no one can, responsibly, depend upon that review.

Is it possibly that life without parole (LWOP) may cost more than the death penalty? Yes (1).

Is it required that California citizens allow their representatives to be so irresponsible with both their state budget and death penalty management? Of course not.

Virginia has executed 75% of those sentenced to death and has done so within 7.1 years, on average.

All states, inclusive of California, could implement similar protocols and save money over LWOP.

INNOCENTS MORE PROTECTED WITH THE DEATH PENALTY

Is it true that innocents are better protected by a death penalty protocol? Yes, in three different ways (2). Innocents are more at risk without the death penalty (2).

PROP. 34: UNPRINCIPLED? APPARENTLY.

Ask the media (or insert any industry) this question.

How principled are you?

If you had a group of corrupt people, who only wanted to shut down the media, by sabotaging the media, would you say, OK, shut down all media?

Or would you say, let’s clean it up, get you bad folks out of the picture, and make it work?

A vote for Prop 34 is a vote for folks who have intentionally obstructed justice in these cases, meaning anti death penalty legislators, the defense bar and judges who have made the death penalty so irresponsible and who are the same folks telling us to reward them by giving them what they have been working for, based upon the horrible system they have engineered.

A better idea.

How about demanding a responsible system, such as Virginia’s, whereby 75% of those sentenced to death have been executed within 7.1 years, on average – a system similar to what Ca should have, if responsible folks were in charge.

Calif has executed 1.4% of those sentenced because such mismanagement is what such obstructionists (read Prop 34) had in mind.

contd