Top 11 songs to play on Election Day
It’s Election Day, and we here at Cross Campus don’t care whether you voted red, blue or even green. What we do care about, though, is that you have an awesome Election Night.
So if you’re anything like us, all you’ll need is a large American flag, drinks and a rockin’ playlist to get you feeling all patriotic. Now, we can’t help you with the first two, but Cross Campus has got you on the music front. Below are our top 11 Election Night songs that’ll keep you partying ’til the break of dawn. God Bless Amuricah.
1) “Star Spangled Banner” – Jimi Hendrix, Live at Woodstock
An absolute classic, this song is a must. So stand up and sing along (if you can) to the rockinest version of the national anthem.
2) “Election Day” – Arcadia
Because (maybe) we’re coming up on re-election day!
3) “America, The Beautiful” – Ray Charles
Let Ray Charles’ inspirational lyrics and beautiful vocals carry you to a patriotism you never knew you were capable of.
4) “Look At Miss Ohio” – Gillian Welch
Oh me, oh my oh, look at Miss Ohio not making her mind up.
5) “99 Problems, Live from Ohio” – Jay Z
Because I got 99 problems, but a Mitt ain’t one.
6) “This Land Is Your Land” – Woody Guthrie
Because this land was made for you and me. #wowsopatriotic
7) “Red, White and Blue” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Yeah, I guess you could say that we’ve always been red, white and blue. And if they don’t like it, they can get the= out.
8) “Philadelphia Freedom” – Elton John
Because I live and breathe this (American?) freedom, from the day that I was born I’ve waved the flag (well, sorta) and it gave me peace of mind a Yalie never had.
9) “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.” – John Mellencamp
Just ’cause we wanna R.O.C.K.
10) “Elected” – Alice Cooper
‘Cause they wanna be elected, elected, elected!
11) And just in case you missed it… “Mitt” dancing Gangnam Style. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it’s Mitt Romney Style.