As students study for midterms and prepare for fall break, one fearless Yalie and hardcore Taylor Swift fan has launched an online petition to bring the country sensation to Spring Fling next April.

Chris Carey ’15, a loyal “Swiftie,” launched the petition — which has garnered 162 signatures as of Friday afternoon — on Thursday.

“She’s the reason for the teardrops on our guitar, and her coming to Yale is the only thing that keeps us wishing on a shooting star,” said the petition, making a reference to Swift’s hit “Teardrops On My Guitar” single.

The rest of the letter’s body is equally impassioned, and its conclusion equally moving, describing Swift as the “lyrical songbird of our generation” who can uniquely allow Spring Fling to reach its full potential.

No one could have put it better, except perhaps T-Swizzle herself.

Although the frequent references to song titles and exaggerated love for T-Swift may seem semi-satirical, Carey assured the News in an exclusive interview that he is serious about the cause.

“I decided I was going to do this prior to the Spring Fling Committee coming up with potential artists,” he said, adding that though he could not recall which artists were featured on the Spring Fling survey, he did note that ” Taylor Swift wasn’t on there.”

Carey is not the only one serious about the cause. Two of his friends, Connor Brooks ’15 and Tim Brooks ’15, have promised to name their children after him if his efforts prove successful.

So far, around 162 students have signed the petition, about 1,800 signatures short of its goal of 2,000. Though the targeted number represents a significant portion of the Yale’s undergraduate population, Carey remains optimistic.

“I thought that was a realistic number,” he said. “It’s possible that 2,000 people in the Yale community could end up signing it, definitely.”

And it’s possible that the songbird herself could end up headlining this year’s Spring Fling. (After all, her lucky number is 13.)

T-Swizzle, if you happen to read this, we would be enchanted to have you perform for us.

Forever and always,

Yale

HANNAH SCHWARZ