U.S. Senator John McCain sits down with the News. Check out the News’ website to see an exclusive Q&A interview that the Senator gave the News when he visited campus on Monday.

Not a millionaire, but $9,300. Joey Yagoda ’14 walked away with $9,300 in winnings after appearing on Tuesday’s episode of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” The Calhoun junior left after he was asked a question about what Disney theme park workers had been forbidden to do until 2000. The answer? Grow facial hair.

Elm City ranks the banks. New Haven Mayor John DeStefano Jr. unveiled the city’s inaugural Community Impact Report Card, which rated 11 city banks in 30 categories. The report covered topics including banking fees and the home loan application process, and aimed to give residents a better understanding of local banks.

What would you do for a Wenzel? The Yale College Council wants to know. The YCC has partnered with Alpha Delta Pizza to launch a photo contest encouraging competitors to submit creative photos involving the sandwich. Submissions are due Oct. 14 and voting will take place from Oct. 11-15.

Register to vote! The Elm City Communities and Housing Authority of New Haven has launched “Your Vote Matters,” a series of voter registration drives that will run until Oct. 30.

Mayor’s Ball helps the needy. East Haven Mayor Joseph Maturo Jr. has given $250 to four nonprofit organizations, including the East Haven Food Pantry, Connecticut Hospice, East Haven Rotary and the ALS Foundation.

Stop, shop and get a free ride. Yale Transit will provide shuttle stops to and from Stop & Shop on weekends. The shuttles will leave from Phelps Gate every hour from 8:35 a.m. to 5:35 p.m. and will leave Stop & Shop every hour from 9:05 a.m. to 6:05 p.m.

If food is not for you, try athletics. Olympic gold medalist Taylor Ritzel ’10 will give a Master’s Tea at Trumbull College this afternoon. Ritzel won the gold in women’s eight rowing at the 2012 London Olympic Games.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY
1940 Yale professor Arnold Wolfers gives a lecture to an overflowing crowd of students called “The European War Spreads.” Wolfers warned students about the “German paradox” and said he felt Adolf Hitler may be preparing his troops for the United States’ entrance into the war — later known as World War II.