Today’s the day! Hip college students across New Haven, rejoice: the iPhone 5 is out today at 8 a.m. At the Apple Store on Broadway Avenue, a few brave fans began forming a line early Thursday evening; just before midnight, four people had lined up. Black curtains in the windows prevented passersby from seeing inside the store.

Predictions. A group of sportswriters from the Ivy League’s student newspapers are predicting that Cornell will defeat Yale in tomorrow’s football game; only Dartmouth thinks the Elis will prevail.

She had money problems? Linda McMahon, the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate who became a multi-millionaire as the leader of World Wrestling Entertainment, decided Thursday to repay $1 million in debts she walked away from in a 1975 bankruptcy that has become a part of her campaign narrative, the Hartford Courant reported. The announcement comes after her opponent, U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy, had applied pressure on McMahon’s economic record, just as he faced criticism for failing to make payments on his home.

New demographic. The New Haven-based 3Penny Orchestra, whose “Call Me Maybe” cover arranged by Arianne Abela MUS ’10 and Colin Britt MUS ’10 has scored 1.4 million hits on YouTube in just over a week, appeared on Today Thursday morning.

Sorry we’re not sorry. An article in the Atlantic Wire claims that convenient access to delicious, all-natural burgers in New Haven has ruined Shake Shack for everyone else. Because the New Haven location was the chain’s 15th, New York City law demands that Shake Shacks display calorie counts on their menus. A Double Shackburger, as it turns out, is 770 calories.

More election troubles. The election saga continues in the fifth Assembly District. One vote originally marked “deceased” turned out to be from an elderly woman who is not, in fact, dead. The vote could have broken a 774-774 tie in the race between Leo Canty and Brandon McGee for the Democratic nomination, except that it was cast for a third candidate. Now, there will be a revote on Oct. 2 to determine the winner, the Hartford Courant reported.

Yes sir. A ribbon-cutting ceremony today at 11:30 a.m. on the Hewitt Quadrangle will welcome ROTC to campus.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1980 “The Yale College Council has gotten a reputation for blowing a lot of hot air around,” YCC Chairman Dan Meyer says. “This year we need to develop more concrete programs.”