Rumor has it. As the buzz grows over who will be Yale’s next president, a few pretty high-profile candidates have emerged from the rumor mill, including, surprise, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton LAW ’73. “When I talk about world-class candidates, she’d be one of the people you’d put into the pool,” Stephen Trachtenberg, the former president of the University of Hartford and George Washington University, told the Associated Press. “She’s of the caliber and the standing of the kinds of candidates Yale will seek to attract and should.”

More stars in New Haven. From Sept. 25 to Oct. 7, most members of New Haven’s Board of Aldermen will be volunteering as ushers at the Shubert Theater for the city’s run of “Jersey Boys,” the New Haven Register reported.

Smartie moose. For the second year in a row, Ezra Stiles College has won the Sheffield Society House Prize, awarded to the college whose students achieve the highest standing in scholarship in science, engineering and mathematics. The moose holds it simultaneously with the Gimbel Cup, which is awarded to the college with the highest average GPA across subjects. “Pretty amazing,” Stiles Master Stephen Pitti ’91 wrote in an email to students on Friday.

Fiscal responsibility. Former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker stopped by the School of Management to launch his “$10 Million a Minute” national bus tour “to educate voters about the federal debt crisis,” a spokeswoman said in a press release. Former president Bill Clinton LAW ’73 appointed Walker in 1998, and he served through 2008.

Can’t get enough a cappella? The Duke’s Men release their newest CD today, titled “Busted.” They’ll celebrate the launch with the annual Singing Dessert. Albums will go on sale at the end of the concert.

More a cappella! As a cappella rush drags on, members of the Baker’s Dozen travelled to Boston on Sunday to perform the National Anthem at the Boston Red Sox’s Fenway Park.

Be careful, seniors. New Haven police officers apprehended a man at Red’s Café on Ashmun Street early Sunday morning after he brandished a gun to demand entry. The man, 38-year-old Sean Peterson, was angry he had been denied admission to the bar, even though it was ladies’ night, the Hartford Courant reported.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1979 After the Yale Corporation mandated that the University run on a balanced budget, administrators scrambling to make necessary reductions consider cutting entire departments.