Former Yale forward and star Greg Mangano ’12 has signed a contract to play with Antalya BSB of the Turkish Basketball League, the New Haven Register reported.

Mangano went undrafted in the NBA First Year Player Draft on June 27, despite averaging 18.2 points and 9.7 rebounds as a senior. Mangano had worked out with several NBA teams before the draft, including the Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers.

Mangano is the tenth former Bulldog to play professionally overseas during head coach James Jones’ tenure. No Eli has played in the NBA since Chris Dudley ’87 retired in 2003 after 16 seasons.

Mangano leaves Yale having set the Yale record for blocked shots, finishing his career with 213 rejections. He was a first-team All-Ivy selection both his junior and senior seasons and represented the United States with Team USA in the 2011 World University Games in Beijing this past summer.

In his senior campaign, Mangano led the Blue and White to a 19-10 record and the program’s first postseason berth in a decade. Although Yale lost to Fairfield 68-56 in the first round of the Collegeinsider.com Tournament, Mangano paced the team with 17 points and eight rebounds.

Although Mangano will be more than 5,000 miles from the friendly confines of Lee Amphitheater, he will be joined by some familiar faces. Seven of Mangano’s new teammates played Division I basketball. And Antalya recently signed former Seton Hall guard Jordan Theodore and forward Herb Pope, who Mangano played against when the Elis fell 73-62 at Seton Hall on Nov 22, 2011.

Antalya plays in the top professional basketball league in Turkey. The team failed to make the playoffs of the Turkish Basketball League last year, finishing with 10-20 in the regular season.

Antalya is in southwestern Turkey, on the country’s Mediterranean coast.