We have a winner. History professor John Lewis Gaddis was named the winner of the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for Biography on Monday. Gaddis was honored for “George F. Kennan: An American Life,” which the Pulitzer jury described as an “engaging portrait of a globetrotting diplomat whose complicated life was interwoven with the Cold War and America’s emergence as the world’s dominant power.” Gaddis wasn’t the only Yalie honored Monday afternoon — Wesley Morris ’97, Quiara Alegría Hudes ’99 and Stephen Greenblatt ’64 GRD ’69 all took home Pulitzers as well.

Really? A Yale senior was charged with larceny Monday evening after he and two inebriated friends allegedly ran through the Occupy encampment on the Upper Green, shouting, “We’re the 1 percent. F* Occupy!” and prompting Occupy protesters to chase the students to a fraternity house on Goffe Street, the New Haven Independent reported. During the chase, one pursuer reported, the students stole a trophy cup from a Yale freshman, spat at him, then ran toward Popeye’s on Dixwell Avenue. One protester said the students identified themselves as seniors on the football team.

A calmer sport. Two dozen Ivy Leaguers faced off this weekend in the first Ivy League Chess Championship, sponsored by the Chess Club of Fairfield County. Teams from Columbia, Princeton and Dartmouth competed against one another in a two-day chess tournament in Norwalk, Conn. After four rounds of play, Columbia took home top honors. Yale tied for last.

Easier parties. A new website launched Monday by Christopher Kieran FES ’11, Brad Baer ARC ’11 and Andrew Hapke SOM ’11 aims to ease the planning of parties and dinners. Zokos uses what Kieran calls “friend-sourcing” to help coordinate dinner parties online, avoiding the awkwardness and inefficiency of collecting money at the door.

Another leak? DJ Jus Ske, who made headlines in 2010 for a rumored affair with Lindsay Lohan, will be “hitting Yale for the Toad’s Place ‘Spring Fling’” on April 24, according to a release from Splash.FM.

What about Rick? Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim was named the 12th President of the World Bank Monday afternoon.

Your voice matters! The runoff election for Yale College Council president and UOFC chair concludes tonight at 11:59 p.m.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1918 Over 10 percent of students have purchased $64,150 in Liberty Bonds.