Buy U a Flang. Rapper T-Pain is scheduled to perform at Yale with rapper BIG RyAT on April 24 — the Tuesday of Reading Week, the date Spring Fling is typically held — according to a concert listing on BIG RyAT’s website. T-Pain’s website does not list any information about a performance at Yale. Yale College Council Events Director Katie Donley ’13 declined to comment on whether T-Pain will be playing Spring Fling.

A silver jubilee. U.S. News and World Report released its annual rankings of the nation’s best graduate schools on March 13. Yale Law School landed at the number one spot, marking 25 years of topping the law school rankings. The School of Management landed at number 10 in the business school rankings, while the School of Medicine ranked seventh for research.

Getting social. The Freshman Class Council debuted a new system for introducing freshmen to other freshmen Sunday night. “Freshman Lunch” allows interested students to sign up to grab a meal with a random student — Yale Lunch, but for freshmen. The frosh who meets the most people on the service by April 20 will get a $200 gift card to Miya’s.

Homecoming. Paul Giamatti ’89 DRA ’94 will be on campus next spring to star as Hamlet at the Yale Repertory Theater. The play, which runs from March 15, 2013 to April 13, 2013, will be directed by James Bundy, dean of the School of Drama and the Rep’s artistic director, The New York Times reported Thursday.

Occupy The Times. An article published in The New York Times’ Dealbook section last week examined the trend of Ivy League students rejecting Wall Street’s aggressive recruiting techniques in the wake of heightened critical attention on the big firms. The article focuses on Cory Finley ’11, who applied to work at Bridgewater Associates but decided to become a playwright instead.

Under fire. Garry Trudeau’s ’70 GRD ’73 “Doonesbury” comics sparked a nationwide controversy last week over a series of strips tackling an abortion law in Texas. The strips focus on a woman’s attempt to have an abortion in Texas in the wake of a new law requiring all women seeking abortions to undergo a pre-termination ultrasound.

Going pro. Jaden Schwartz — the brother of former women’s hockey player Mandi Schwartz ’11 — signed a three-year, entry-level contact with the National Hockey League’s St. Louis Blues on Monday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1961 One senior — T. Craig Joyner ’61 — is killed and two juniors are injured in a car crash in North Carolina.

Correction: March 20

An earlier version of this Cross Campus reported that that “Freshman Lunch” is an initiative of the Yale College Council. In fact, it is a program of the Freshman Class Council.