The future of center Greg Mangano ’12 and the Bulldogs’ season remains uncertain, but now Mangano knows that he will be able to suit up against top level collegiate talent at least one more time.

Mangano has accepted an invitation to play in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament in Portsmouth, Va., from April 11-14.

The tournament — now in its 60th year — allows college players hoping to pursue careers in professional basketball to show off their talents in front of scouts from all 30 National Basketball Association teams as well as from international leagues.

It’s traditionally been rich in talent. Rich Barry, Dave Cowens, Earl Monroe, Scottie Pippen and John Stockton all competed in the tournament at one point. All five were selected by the NBA as part of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time. Three players from last year’s tournament were selected in the 2011 NBA Draft. Tournament MVP Jimmy Butler from Marquette was the first-round draft choice of the Chicago Bulls, and in the second round, the Los Angeles Lakers picked up College of Charleston’s Andrew Goudelock, while Vernon Macklin of Florida was selected by the Detroit Pistons.

Former Harvard guard and current New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin participated in the tournament in 2010.