Finally. On Sunday night, in front of an audience of millions, the immortal Meryl Streep DRA ’75 took home the Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in “The Iron Lady.” This is Streep’s first Oscar win in 30 years — her last win came in 1982, for her role in “Sophie’s Choice.” She also won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1979 for “Kramer vs. Kramer.” “When they called my name I had this feeling I could hear half of America going, ‘Oh no! Oh, come on! Why her? Again?’” Streep said in her victory speech. “But, whatever.”

How’s her poker face? At a Public Interest Auction at the Law School Friday night, one lucky bidder won a poker night for five with tiger mom Amy Chua and Jed Rubenfeld for the bargain price of $1,500.

Remembering. The students behind Michele’s Fund, a fundraising effort dedicating to endowing a scholarship in honor of Michele Dufault ’11, have launched a website — www.michelesfund.com — organizing their efforts.

A new year. After several days of auditions, 14 junior men learned Sunday night that they’d been selected to become members of the 2012-’13 Whiffenpoofs. Next year’s roster includes four members of the Duke’s Men and three members of the Spizzwinks(?).

Need medical advice? The School of Medicine has launched a new blog, Ask Yale Medicine, through which the school’s faculty can answer questions sent in by readers. So far, the blog has responded to inquiries on winter sports injuries and sun exposure.

A New York Times article published on Saturday featured Yale prefrosh Rudi-Ann Miller, and her experiences as one of only 40 black students out of 3,295 students in total at Stuyvesant High School in New York City.

Streaking. After going 4–5 to start its season, Yale’s own Starcraft team competing in the Collegiate Starleague has gone 9–0 since January. The streak, which included victories over Penn and North Carolina, has earned Yale’s team a 13–5 record, a no. 42 ranking (of 250 schools) and a spot in the upcoming playoffs.

Attention writers. Today is the last day to submit to the Wallace Prize. Submissions of fiction and creative nonfiction are due to 202 York St. by 4 p.m. Winners will receive cash prizes and see their pieces printed in the Yale Daily News Magazine.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1980 Leaders of Yale’s unions say a strike is coming in 1981, the fifth since 1967.